- Some complex sentence structures;
- Lexile: 700L (for a 7th grader, would place them around a 4 on WiDA scale); recommended ages 10-18
- Told in first person through prose
- About an 11 year old girl who is unable to communicate due to cerebral palsy; all she wants is to be able to talk and tell people she’s actually really smart
- Would relate well to students who have known what it’s like to have their peers think they’re not smart, or who have experience with not being able to express themselves through language
- Great read; took me about 5 hours.
Audiobook Version 1
Audiobook Version 2